Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ethical consumer

My 40 acts Lenten challenge is focusing this week on ethical consuming.

This week marked the beginning of Fairtrade Fortnight here in the UK - a great opportunity to try and explore fairtrade options. The Co-op food stores have a particularly good range. Or try the local Oxfam shop.

Today introduced me to the idea of ethical clothing (not something I had given much thought before). Turns out my H&M jumper was made in Cambodia by poorly paid workers ...
And I found the ethical consumer website.

This bookshop caught my eye: "News From Nowhere" is an independent, not-for-profit radical & community bookshop, run by a workers' co-operative. A great alternative to other, more commonly known and less ethical online bookstores ...

No comments:

Post a Comment