Monday, December 3, 2012

Wes' Advent Reflections




Yesterday marked the beginning of Advent, the time when Christians prepare for the coming of Jesus - remembering the story of his birth, but also being reminded that according to the Bible Jesus will come again.

I am looking forward to the Advent reflections by Wes Magruder, the Methodist pastor from the First Rowlett United Methodist Church in Rowlett in Texas who joined his Muslim friends during and reflected on Ramadan this year.

You can find his first Advent post here.

"Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations. He will not cry of lift up his voice, or make it heard in the street; a bruised reed he will not break, and a dimly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice. He will not grow faint or be crushed until he has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands wait for his teaching."
 Isaiah 42:1-4

May we all enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment