Sunday, January 22, 2012

Foraging

Today it took my fancy to go foraging.


It's not the best time of year - especially since I was after anything I could turn into a herbal tea ...
I was looking for rosehips, but found that the recent frost had made them look black and shriveled. I should have done this months ago!

Instead I collected some firewood. Not much - just as much as my bag could hold, but enough for one comfortable evening by the wood-burning stove.




Then I found some Yarrow, which makes a nice herbal tea. Again, not the best time to collect it, but I found  handful of fresh new leaves (possibly because of the mild winter we have had so far.


Take a few leaves, pour over boiling water and leave to stand for 5 minutes or so. Add honey to taste.


Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment